Wednesday 6 August 2014

#BLAUGUST - Day 6 - Summer Playlist

Hello dear readers, 

I forgot to tell you: a couple of days ago my morning was so exciting (for me in my own little way anyway) as, well remember I did work experience at a publishing house? They said they'd send me books in the post, and they did!! I got a package full of EIGHT - EIGHT (just let it sink in) beautiful and free books and I'm so happy. 

Meanwhile, I'm trying to spread out my holiday posts so that you don't get horrifically bored, so today I decided to talk about some of my current favourite (happy, naturally) songs (ps not everyone has the same taste in music as me so I apologise if this is of absolutely no use to you):

1. Rude - MAGIC! 
This song is so happy and summery, and I love how it tells a story - especially as it's a very romantic story (sorry, my lovey girly side kicking in there)

2. Let Me In - Grouplove 
This is a song in the Fault in Our Stars soundtrack, which I bought whilst in America as I noticed whilst watching the film that all of the songs featured were ones I liked; whether I'd heard them before or not. This particular song is quite different and not as classic pop as, say, Rude, but I love how it has different vocals and sections 

3. Boom Clap - Charli XCX 
Also on the soundtrack - it's shocking how my music taste becomes a lot more pop-y in summer... Ah well!

4. Honey - Swim Deep
Swim Deep are quite 'alternative' and so not everybody's cup of tea, but if you're searching for a chilled, summer song, this may just be it!

5. You & Me Song - The Wannadies 
This song isn't precisely summery for me (well it is happy so maybe it could be seen as so!) but it's so positive and lovely - especially the chorus; so if you need a bit of cheering up, do have a listen:) 

So, I hope those recommendations come in useful! Please comment below if you want me to do this again - maybe once every month? I'm literally addicted to music and so I'd be more than happy to!

Thanks for reading, 

The very (melodic and musicy-feeling and) happy blogger 

No comments: