Sunday 3 August 2014

#BLAUGUST - Day 3 - Savannah


Hello dear readers, 

So, as promised, today's post is documenting my recent holiday/vacation to America. Without further ado (what a spiffing phrase that is!) I therefore present to you some of my favourite photos: 


Our gorgeous, old hotel 



The most exciting bathroom wallpaper ever


Our hotel room had lovely, traditional furnishing 


Spanish moss - which apparently is neither Spanish nor moss (but apart from that!) I picked some up - which apparently you're not supposed to do because of the things/bugs that live inside it but ah well - and it actually feels more like string



The beautiful park which our hotel looked out on - the shade was much appreciated due to the boiling heat!


Hallo pretty fountain


THE MOST EXCITING MOMENT EVER I FOUND IT AND I DRANK IT AND IT WAS SO GOOD


There were so many shaded squares as you walked around the city (America's most haunted!) and this was one of the largest, which my mum was particularly interested in as she's writing an article connected to it, and I was interested as this is the square (Chippewa Square) where Forest Gump made his famous "life is a box of chocolates" speech!


The view from the hotel's wonderfully old-fashioned porch 


Home-made breadsticks and Oscar Wilde on the porch 


A very omnom sweet shop we found - these fruit slices genuinely tasted like their respective fruits


What an interesting name 


Gorgeous sunsets 


On our last wander around Savannah I took so many photos of its beautiful architecture (here's an example!)

Overall, Savannah was so picturesque and historical, as well as being full of absolutely lovely people. 

I'll document the next chapter of the holiday tomorrow! 

Thanks for reading, 

The very (nostalgic and) happy blogger 🇺🇸

Ps: well done England in the commonwealth games! 

No comments: