Tuesday 5 August 2014

#BLAUGUST - Day 5 - Hilton Head

Hello dear readers,

Today my day mainly consisted of a lunch at Wagamamas (amazing), seeing one of my bestest pals in the world (perfect) and buying far too many things - most of which I will never actually need (but of course). 

However, this post is focused on chapter two of my recent fortnight-long trip to America - when we went to an island resort called Hilton Head for three nights. It was so beautiful and relaxing, and I have a few photos which I think sum it up pretty well: 



Necessary filter on this photo as I am v pale (although I did eventually tan, but only after I'd got horrifically burnt in many places). Also, necessary book, as how can one cope without one?!


I quote my aunt: "you were obviously enjoying the beach cocktails when you took this picture" - and maybe the one below!




Exciting giant chess board at the hotel (again, wonky, sorry - an abundance of Starbucks drinks clearly made me a little topsy-turvy... not cocktails, so don't worry kids, I'm not underage drinking or any silly nonsense like that ... Many dot dot dots)


bLuRreeeee

what awful spelling. Honestly, Matilda - and you call yourself a girl whose favourite subject is English 


Our last night, at a cute seafood restaurant where I think I had fried shrimps (prawns in British English).


Hope you enjoyed that selection of photos! I know there aren't as many as before, or as in the next two upcoming chapters (mwhahaha they shall arrive soon) as we didn't really do much whilst on the island! We played tennis one day, and went out for dinner every night, but that's about the extent of our pro-activity as - well - this was the relaxation bit of the trip. And it certainly was relaxing! The beaches and pools were beautiful, despite being slightly windy (going to blame my many burns on that). 

Thanks for reading,

The very (chuffed that she's not burnt anymore but maybe... Maybe... SLIGHTLY tanned - just slightly - and) happy blogger 🌴



No comments: