Saturday 2 August 2014

#BLAUGUST - Day 1 (sort of)

Hello dear readers,

So I'm sure you can tell from the title of this post that something...different is going on here. What is #BLAUGUST, I hear you asking? Well, BLAUGUST (necessary capitals here/me lacking energy to retaliate against autocorrect) is BLOG + AUGUST (plus fundamental hashtag ###). And there you have it. My master plan to commit to the creation of a new blog post EVERY DAY - yes, you heard me right - EVERY DAY (so many capitals gosh!) this month. 

I meant to 'launch' this commitment on the 1st August, but I suppose that it's so late here in England that it's officially the 2nd... This unplanned lack of punctuality is mainly due to the fact that I just spent half an hour chasing a crane fly around my room, and had to finally end the duel by throwing my copy of Jane Eyre across my room to squash it. I actually feel very guilty now. Sorry, crane fly. And sorry Jane. I'm sure that respectable nineteenth century ladies like you are not accustomed to skydiving. 

On a lighter note, I really intend to pursue this challenge for once; so let's see how it goes. 

The very (confused where her "oh she wouldn't hurt a fly" status now stands and) happy blogger 🌾

No comments: