Tuesday 19 August 2014

#BLAUGUST - Day 19 - Made in Kensington

Hello dear readers, 

Today, I went to Kensington with my friend. Or, more specifically, I went to Kensington Palace, where generations of members of the royal family have lived. It was so beautiful and fascinating (they had an exhibition on fashion in the royal family, featuring some dresses belonging to Diana - which was moving as well as so interesting).


Strolling through the gardens 



It was so lovely to just sit back and have a quiet moment to think in such a picturesque setting - especially with exam results looming in a couple of days!! 



My friend and I sat by the river and had a ponder, and it was actually really tranquil in its own little way - what with loads of kids running around (which was lovely to see anyway)!

But I so recommend the Palace for a visit. I know some people stay clear of any faint mention of a museum or exhibit - but this one is so family-friendly, with loads of interactive elements and more exciting ways to learn about the stories of all those who lived there. All I can say is, I hope I can find a relationship even half as seemingly perfect as Victoria and Albert's was! 

Hope you're all having/had lovely summers. 

Thanks for reading, 

The very (peaceful-feeling and) happy blogger 🐟



No comments: