Wednesday 13 August 2014

#BLAUGUST - Day 12 - Nanu Nanu

Hello dear readers, 

Sorry this post is a little late - I suppose it's technically the 13th now, but we went out to dinner with friends and I've been procrastinating since we returned (more apologies). 

I'm sure you're all aware by now that last night, Robin Williams passed away. I feel that the spread of his comedic genius was so great that I don't need to say too much, as everyone will remember him in a different way, but with one universal tone: fondly. 

Personally, Mrs Doubtfire has always been one of my favourite films, as it's essentially a family film, but has many crucial morals and messages inside it. However, this is only one of the 50+ films he's been in: so think of all the millions of people he influenced, and consequently inspired. You only need to scroll through Twitter (or any other social network) to see the true breadth of this. It's amazing how one man has left such a great impression on so many. 

My thoughts at this time go out to his friends and family, who will no doubt be feeling his loss on a much more personal level. I really loved the touching paragraph and quote of remembrance which his daughter Zelda gave, and I hope he would have too. 

Mainly, I'm just so sorrowful about the whole thing, especially as a man who gave so much joy to others was unable, in the end, to find it in himself, which is such a shame. RIP Robin Williams.

So if you're feeling down, think about how things can only get better, wear a smile proudly, and perhaps sit down and watch a Robin Williams film or two, as he didn't make all of those films so that people would feel sad - he made most of them to cheer us all up - as life is short, and I think what his hilarious roles and personas have taught me is that you might as well enjoy every second of it. 

The very (sad but trying to be) happy blogger 



No comments: