Thursday 14 August 2014

#BLAUGUST - Day 14 - Birthday Blogger

Hello dear readers, 

So, today is my birthday. It's been a great day: full of lovely people and lovely gifts. I've spent it in town (Guildford) with my grandparents, my mum and my aunt (and dad in the evening, after he came home from work!) 

We had lunch at a great restaurant called Bill's: 



My cute cake(s)!! I had a bee in honour of queen B 🐝 

When the waiter brought my cake, he started singing, and soon enough, everyone in the restaurant was looking at me and singing too. It was so sweet, but I'm very British in the way that I find these situations quite awkward, and so I awkwardly sat not really knowing what to do, awkwardly...


🐝🐝🐝 

(Ps there is the iphone 'fade' filter on these photos - I've really been liking it recently) 



YUUUUSSSSSS

Also, I didn't share these with you yesterday: 



(Yesterday) we went out to a lovely village in Hampshire to visit an incredibly interesting house which featured an exhibition about Scott's expedition to Antarctica. It was very moving; focussing on Captain Oates - whose cousin Frank lived in the house, after it's previous owner: the naturalist Gilbert White. The house is in the village of Selborne, if you're interested. But these photos are of the cream tea we had at the house's tea rooms - scones, clotted cream and jam - how quintessentially English do you get?! 

Sorry, this post was quite a mish-mash!! 

Tomorrow I may do a post about what I bought today, and/or what I got present-wise. 

But overall, I had a great day, spent with some of my favourite people. And I'm officially 16 WOOO (I can now do all the things I listed yesterday!!) 

Thanks very much for reading, 

The (very) happy blogger πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽŠ



No comments: