Sunday 19 January 2014

What I got for christmas (beauty)

Hello dear readers, 

Firstly, I'll apologise for the lack of daily blogging yesterday - shameful, shameful. 

Secondly, I hope you're all celebrating that I've FINALLY got round to doing a long-awaited post: What I got for Christmas. 

Now, I'm afraid I've had to compromise a little *sigh, I know* because my mother's extraordinary tidying skills mean that it's been hard for me to gather up things that I got, as most have been tidied away somewhere... However, I've decided that maybe this is a good thing, as I can now just focus on one topic: beauty. 

Ok, so I know I'm nowhere near Alexa Chung, but I'll attempt to give some advice on some products, which I hope you'll find useful.


^ This is the first product: Treacle moon 'her mango thoughts' bath and shower gel. Now, I seem to have a bit of an obsession with this scent, (look below: featuring my one from last year - just as good - from The little bubble co., 'Mango delight') as do many others, it seems. And for good reason! 

I'm sure the gel is great for your skin, but to be honest, the main attraction is the scent. And it does smell SO good - and leaves you feeling really refreshed afterwards. I only use it in the shower, but I imagine it's just as good in the bath.


^ This is my set from Ted Baker - one of my favourite Christmas gifts this year. There are six items, all body gels/ lotions/ scrubs, (one is a body 'soufflé' - never heard of that one before!) all of which smell AMAZING. It's weird though, I find that they don't smell brilliant in their pot/ bottle, but when you put them on your skin they smell great. It might just be me... Maybe there's some reaction with your skin, I don't know (not a scientist!).

My favourite one of this set is probably the hand lotion, simply because I use it the most. I keep it beside my bed, because I, like a lot of people, tend to get dry skin (especially on my knuckles) during the winter. I find it definitely mousturises my hands, and dries fairly quickly, which is handy (handy - hand - haha! - sorry, not funny).

What I like most about this set though, is that all the products are big, and not the mini versions. I've had a similar set from Soap and Glory before, which was great, but everything was so small that once you got into them they'd run out (which I suppose is the point, but ah well). 

Well that's the end of that one then! Hope you enjoyed reading this, it's a bit of a different direction for me, and I have to admit, I felt a bit daunted by it! See you tomorrow,

The (very) happy blogger xxxxx

Ps: new room tour on the way!

No comments: