Sunday 2 November 2014

Sheeran & Stevie

Hello dear readers, 

Ginger, Guitars, and Graham the Cat - Guess Who?!

Well, a few weeks ago (this provokes more apologies for my lateness - sorry), I went to see the utter musical king that is the Sheeran himself! And, good golly, was he good. 


It was Monday, 13th October to be precise. I met my friend at the train station and together, we travelled up to the O2 arena in London. It was literally packed - thousands of people - and who comes to sit a couple of rows behind us, but STEVIE from Made in Chelsea. Our excitement was, understandably, um, very big. I have to admit, I did spend a considerable portion of the concert looking behind me to check that it was actually him. And it was. Gah. 

But anyway, back to dear Edward. His supporting act was a great guy (he has a band but I think it's supposed to be just him as the act?! Sorry I'm not entirely sure) called Saint Raymond. He was very good, but I have to be honest, I was a bit more focused on the fact that I was an emotional wreck in my Stevie excitement and Sheeran anticipation (all mixed in together).

When the wondrous ginger ninja himself eventually stepped out on stage, it was as I'd expected; perhaps even better. The huge stage contained only him, a guitar, and a loo pedal or two. And that's how it should be. 


(you can see how excited I was) 

To be honest, I think that's the main reason why I love his music so much - because it's not over-complicated or high-tech, it's simply amazing music played and sung by a guy who looks like he's just popped to the shops - standing there with messy, ruffled ginger hair, wearing a T-shirt and jeans. 

Ed's songs just blow my mind - his lyrics are so beautiful that three people were proposed to during the concert, and the melodies are so catchy that you wonder why they've never been used before.  

A great moment of the concert was during the song Tenerife Sea, where everyone held up their phones, and the huge O2 was lit up with thousands of gleaming lights, which swayed with the music. These are a few slightly dodgy photos, which don't do it justice, but ah well.




My favourite song of all time, though, has to be The A Team. Naturally, he did it as his penultimate song. Boy, did I love it. From the first chord, I was in tears, and after previously having assured myself that I'd sing all the words out loud and clear, I was unable to even muster a sentence because I was a complete, blubbering wreck. I managed to cheer up a bit when he did Sing, but the steady stream of mascara down my cheeks said otherwise. 

When we were leaving the arena, we heard a few screams - then I remembered who had been sitting near us. Stevie had completely failed in his efforts to hide himself with his jacket hood - already several girls had crowded around him, and you could tell that the number would grow soon. 

But, dear readers, I'm happy to announce that... I got a photo with him!! (Please see below) 



He was so lovely, and was nice enough to point out that the initial photo we got was unsuccessful as he noticed that my mum had her finger over the lens (technology and parents - they never go together, eh?!) ps, the brunettes in the photo are my friend and I, but I have absolutely no idea who the blonde girl is - she was a very excited Stevie megafan who seemed very close to complete combustion, and randomly posed for a photo with us in her excitement...

Altogether, it was quite an eventful evening. 

Thanks for reading!! 

The very (nostalgic and) happy blogger 



No comments: