Sunday 23 November 2014

Exciting Announcement

Hello dear readers, 

Today, after an amazing phone call earlier, I can officially announce some very exciting news: I'm going to be a godmother!! 

I'm so, so thrilled, especially as the little girl, Millie, who's going to be my goddaughter (eek!!) is from a family which is sort of, well very, intertwined with my own. Let me attempt to explain: 

Basically, Millie's mum one of three daughters of one of my mum's oldest friends, who with her brother and parents used to be the neighbours of my mum's family when she was about the same age (ie, very very tiny) as Millie - so we all go way back! Then, two of the three daughters (including the mother of Millie) were my mum's bridesmaids after my mum was bridesmaid to their mum, then Millie's mum is my mum's goddaughter, and I'm HER mum's goddaughter, and now Millie rose is my goddaughter!! 

If you grasped any of that hugely complicated explanation, then I commend you. 

In short, another chapter is being made in the very complex story which is the relationship between us and these friends - who, in fact, are more like family to us all now. 

I can't wait to spoil my new goddaughter, and I'm pretty sure that this isn't the last you'll hear of her either! 

Thank you so much for reading, 

The very (excited and) happy blogger

PS: hopefully I'll have a few new posts up on the blog this week! 

No comments: