Tuesday 2 September 2014

Tuesday Thoughts

Hello dear readers, 

So, tomorrow I start sixth form (last two years of high school if you're not from the  UK!), which I always saw as inexpressibly old when I was younger - and now it's a reality. 

I've got all the stationery and outfit (how am I going to do these every morning?!) planned and ready for the big day, but I still feel unprepared for what's to come. 

It's quite a big change - both academically and physically - the Sixth Form at my school is set apart from the rest of the school; in a separate building (although on a positive note, the common room has a toaster, kettle and microwave - woohoo!) 

But the biggest change for me won't be location, uniform, subjects, or work - it's the change in the people around me. My three closest friends are all leaving, and I'm excited for them in all their new pursuits and know that I'll still see them as much as possible, but it makes me also feel slightly empty - small, seemingly unnecessary things like who will I walk to assembly with, or who will I sit next to at lunch, are just pestering me constantly. Of course, there are so many other wonderful people in my year and I'm sure that existing friendships will grow, and new ones will form with people I've never even properly talked to. It's almost certain that when I'm all settled and into the swing of things, I'll feel a lot better - and the same goes to anyone else feeling this way too, as I'm sure we're all a bit nervous! 

But for now, I think a face mask session is required (for some reason, just being at school gives me spots!), paired with an early night - one of my three main sixth form goals is to go to sleep earlier (as well as not be late for school, but I'm not so sure that that one will happen!)

If it's alright, I may not write another post for a few days, as I kind of just want to concentrate on settling in to Lower Sixth Life (necessary capital letter there). 

So I bid you all farewell, and good luck to anyone starting something new this week - I know you'll be absolutely fine! 

Now for an unusual ending for my blog posts - a quote from the amazing Mahatma Gandhi: 

Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.



No comments: