Thursday 18 September 2014

A Much-Needed Catch-Up

Hello dear readers,

Oh how I've missed this!

Understandably, you'll all be thinking either, "oh God she's back again" or "what took her so long" (don't worry, I know that you're all far too kind and wonderful to be this abrupt).

Well, dear readers, my excuse for this prolonged absence is quite simply my settling into sixth form, which has actually taken longer than I thought. 

At first, I didn't really know what to think, as everything was so new yet fabricated out of what we were used to. Let me explain... I don't know if you remember, but I think I explained before that the 6th form/ college part of my school is in a different building, which is odd as I rarely go in the senior school one anymore; that will take some getting used to!

Essentially, I'm not good with change. Change of work amounts (gah), change of uniform (none now - woohay! - although outfit choices have made me late on several mornings), change of people (I talked about this quite a lot in my last post - although the wondrous, amazing, fabulous and all-round good news is that one of my best friends came back to school on Monday, after she changed her mind about college choices post a week and a bit of another one).

Overall, I'm really happy though. The teacher-student relationship is so much more informal now, and I feel like I can talk to many different members of the year who I didn't really get to see that much before, and having new girls is exciting too. So much change. 

On the subject of change, I'm sure you're all well aware of what went on today. And if you're not, then... Well...

I never intended this blog to be a political blog as I wanted to keep it a bit lighter than that. However, I think I'm going to gently express my opinion by saying that I've never found this song more appropriate:

 

And I'll leave it at that. Apart from saying how scary it is that when I wake up tomorrow, I, and all the millions who live in the UK, will see things differently, no matter the result of the vote. If it is a yes, then I worry about how something we can't (not if you're not I'm Scotland anyway) control, will impact the lives of generations to come (again, I reiterate that this is only my opinion, and I don't want to be politics-y for too long!) And if it's a no, I still don't think that this whole thing will be laid to rest, so it won't be the end of it all either way you look at it. I only wish that as many people as possible will be happy tomorrow. Or even if they're not necessarily pleased, then at least satisfied, or prepared to put up with the result. At the end of the day, everyone has a different opinion on the situation, and they're more than entitled to have that. 

Anyway, I better get some sleep now, as not only is tomorrow a big day for Great Britain, it's also a big day for my grandma. It will be her 80th birthday, and I hope that it will be as enjoyable as possible for her. 

Night night, and I hope that you're all enjoying life at the moment too. 

Thank you for reading,

The very (slightly nervous as I feel too helpless meh and) happy blogger 

Ps: hopefully I can get back into good habits soon and have a more regular blog schedule!! Well, at least I've suggested it now... Let's see if I carry it out... Hmmmm...

No comments: