Tuesday 4 March 2014

Contacts

Hello dear readers, 

So, judging by the title of this post, you can probably tell that I recently got contact lenses. Well, they're not official yet, but I've got the starter, try-outy ones. 
THEY ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO PUT IN. 

If you wear contacts or have ever tried them out, you'll understand what I mean here. They're just so stressful (yes, I admit, I've only worn them three times, but this is a point which we definitely need to gloss over)... Everyone says that they get easier the more you use them, but it's just so hard for a teenager to have to wake up twenty minutes - twenty minutes - earlier than usual to have to put them in before school. 


So they come in these intimidating box things, and as my friend very creatively described, the packets inside look oddly like condom packets (I don't know either). 


So you get them out, and they look like this (sorry about the photography, they're not easy to capture haha).


Then you have the five minute battle of positioning them at the right angle and place of the right finger of the right hand, the right way round (they go inside out, another inconvenience). 



Then you pop them in. 

^ talk about things being easier said than done... 

(Here's a selfie I took after my second successful application, in an attempt to show my friend that your eyes look slightly shinier with them in... And don't worry, I was actually wearing clothes under the dressing gown, no cheekiness here, what do you take me for! I was just really cold - three cheers for British weather! - jokes, I'm as patriotic as a tea-flavoured scone served in a country pub with the queen arriving in a black taxi next to a red double decker bus... With David Beckham in- sorry, got a bit carried away there.)



<ANYWAY> So... The moral of the story is that contact lenses are stressful. Although, some are worse than others. Some people have the monthly ones, which you have to keep in pots with special moisty fluid in overnight to keep them from drying out. The ones I'm hopefully going to have are less permanent: you throw them away at the end of the day, and have three a week, which is plenty. This means I'm able to go to spontaneous sleepovers (I'm trying to sound like this happens often and that I have a generally riveting and marvellously spontaneous life, when really I get stressed over any unexpected surprises or human interaction - weird I know, soz), but still rules out spontaneous pool jumping. Damn it. *wink, wink* ehe


Well, I hope I'll get round to writing another post soon, hope you enjoyed this one and sorry it was so overdue. If you have any requests about posts or a little rant about contacts (or indeed some positivity, for this supposedly happy blog) then it would be scrumptious if you could leave them in the comments. Honestly, feel free. 

Until next time, thanks for reading

From the (slightly disgruntled [GOOD WORD ALERT] and) happy blogger xxxxx

PS: I have precisely 14 minutes left of Tuesday, 4th March 2014. Which means 14 minutes left of my food (especially pancakes day) and (now) 13 minutes until Lent, where I'm under some annoying social obligation to be healthy and fit. Let's see how that goes... I may even make a post about this if I have any workout tips! (Um... Think this is more of a case of 'fat chance'... Hahahhaha , 'fat' chance , hahaha, because fitness.. Pancakes.. Nope, sorry, not funny. I'll just go then...)

No comments: