Sunday 13 July 2014

Spanish Moss and American Dreams

Hello dear readers, 

So that daily work experience post thing didn't really work out did it?! My only explanation is that I was still recovering from the dreaded GCSEs at that point and found work experience really tiring on top of that... So I apologise (again). 

But anyway, currently I'm writing this post  at 6am - jetlag has made me abandon my usual teenage ways - in bed, in Savannah, in America *many excited noises*. 

Basically, we're holidaying (note to self: need to say 'vacation' to sound more American) in the state of Georgia, and a bit of South Carolina for two weeks.

It's so beautiful here, and everyone is incredibly friendly and welcoming, as well as having fabulous accents. We flew in to Atlanta two days ago, then yesterday we (my mum) drove (us) to Savannah. We're staying in a gorgeous old 19th Century house, which has been converted into a small hotel. If you've seen Gone with the Wind, I'm feeling quite Scarlett O'Hara-esque at the moment (minus the cute grin - few can pull that off). 

If you're wondering about the title of this post, it's due to the beautiful Spanish moss on all the trees outside, and the second bit (I've dreamt of it for so long) is due to the fact that yesterday... *drum roll pls* I FOUND IT: Arizona green tea *much clapping and applause*. I even got the classic Tumblr shot with it, but I don't think I'll post that until I do a round-up photo post of the whole holiday/ vacation *much suspense*... 

It's just started to rain, and when we talked to our Atlanta friends (we're going to stay with them at the end of the trip) they told us that "when it rains in the South, it really rains" and I think they might be right! But it only really rains in the morning, and hasn't disrupted us apart from the bumpy plane ride in, which my mum didn't appreciate much...! 

Some, however, haven't been so fortunate and the weather is really bad and non-summery in some areas in America so all I can say is that I hope it cheers up for them soon. 

On a lighter note, if you'd like to see a photo of Savannah, I posted one on Instagram (link at the top). 

Having said that it's 6am (in Savannah time), this probably won't post for a while due to dodgy WiFi... Oh the woes!! 

I've decided that I probably won't be able to go to sleep, so I think I'll carry on next with my on-going chore of deleting old photos from my very over-crowded phone. Naturally, I thought you'd want to know that!! 

Thanks for reading, 

The very (confused about her body clock and) happy blogger :)

Ps: I also posted a doodle (finally, a new post!!) on my arty Instagram, @matidraws if you want to see it!


No comments: